Am I leisure educated? Well I believe so I know what I like to do and most of the time I do it. I love my job this would probably be where I experience most of my leisure as it is at "work" where I feel most at leisure. In my blog, I'm not sure If I have even talked about my leisure truly. It's odd but just reading over the things I've written I can't really find any examples of myself being leisure educated, this is probably a bad sign. I discussed work before and how I try to leisure educate Richard, I guess if I really looked at my job it could be concidered Leisure education. I teach Rich what is soccially acceptible and what isn't this wouldn't be concidered leisure education, although socialization is the basis of most leisure so learning how to socialize would increase ones sociability and thus hopefully increase their leisure. I do most of my leisure activities with Rich such as bike riding, walking/strolling, jewlery making, and alot of singing. These things are all concidered leisure to me and because I do them with Rich and he loves them to I guess I have leisure educated him. He signs all the time this I can not take credit for, but I did teach him how to ride a bike two years ago and he loves that now. My job is to give Rich life skills so that he can be more self sufficiant and ultimately care for himself. If I look into it I teach Rich the cleaning and regular maintanance of laundry and such, this isn't leisure, but it is a life skill. And so I guess along with those valueing leisure and learning leisure activities is also an extremely important life skill. I guess I've sort of been doing it all along and not really realizing it.
Most of my blog's talk about work and this is why my blog summary is mainly talking about my job I hope that is ok, I'm really quite lost actually but I guess I shouldn't really be putting that in my summary, I don't know. I think that I have given examples of how I leisure educate with Rich, I'm not quite sure If I myself am leisure educated, I guess if I look at my blogs I would be in terms of viewing why I do my leisure activities, to feel good about myself. It sounds selfish but that's why I love my job and that's why it's leisure to me I get to participate in different types of recreation activities and teach them to someone. This being said I do have leisure activities that I do with my friends which mainly include kicking the soccerball around or my new found love for racketball. Ohh there's an evample of me being leisure educated. If you look at my blog labled Leisure Eucation my it says that my friend has a racketball court in his office, since the writing of that blog I have been going every saturday with him. He taught me the rules and techniques and with it I have created my own values. His attitudes towards it are that it is brilliant and that it is both a great way to be active and just all in all alot of fun, these attitudes he has passed down to me and now we both enjoy it a hell of a lot. SO YES I AM LEISURE EDUCATED, nice sorry I had to put it in caps because I'm quite proud that I put it in my blog and didn't even realize that it had happened. I guess that is how it is with leisure for a lot of people. We don't always realize that the things that we talk about in class happen to us all the time, your taught a new skill or see someone doing something and want to try it, it happens in an instant and without us even noticing it, and yet we are leisure educated all the time.
My values about leisure positive and negative. Can I identify these through language I use in my blog? I believe so. I stated in my seccond blog that my intrinsic motivation to leisure is fun. This as I've learned in class is an outcome of leisure, and I would say a value of most people when they leisure. Here are my values as I see them in my blog. Socialization: Most of my leisure is done with my friends or with Rich and Ari, Caring: I like to do things that make me feel good, as most people do, what makes me feel good is helping people so I guess this would have to be one of my values. In my blog this is shown in both the job that I do and normally the basis of my blog and my new found leisure experience that I am doing as we speak the planning of the event for Dayna. non-competitive: I'm not a competitive person and you can see this because none of my leisure activities have anything to do with competition. I do love sports and play alot of them with my friends, but it's never on a win loose basis just like a good job you scored or nice shot sort of thing. Solitude: I don't know a better word, but I mean that I don't have to be socializing to be at leisure, although it is how I do "normaly" leisure. I LOVE going to the pub and watching the football "soccer" or just going and reading a book, I'm not sure if this is purple leisure I guess it would be but it's really just me trying to keep some of my culture. English: I say this because as I look at it I rarely leisure in any other language no I lie I NEVER leisure in any other language this is a "bad" thing. Well I think that's it I hope this is alright I know it's a bit everywhere and I'm sorry about that.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. 8.5/10
No Blog Summary 3. No Grade. 0/10
Post a Comment