Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My newest Leisure experience

So I guess I haven't been the best blogger, but none the less I do enjoy it. Who wouldn't enjoy writing about themselves it's quite eye opening actually. This said it isn't hard to find the time, but it is annoying lol. Seems that I've put it off for two weeks ohh god and now my things due woops well hope I still get an all right mark. K so my newest leisure experience. I was having trouble of thinking of something to try which is normaly the case for me, but then I had my diversity class which is by far one of my favorites, we sit in a circle and discuss things it's fun. So yeah I was in my diversity class and the teacher brought a guest speaker in whom has a dissability. Her name is Dayna and she has Cerebral palsy, not sure if that's how it's spelled. Yeah, so the lady came in to talk to us I shaln't tell you her story but I well tell you that it is heart wrenching. After class I was compelled to do something for this lady I thought about writing a letter, but alas as you can see my english is not really up to par so that would have been a joke. So I thought about something I could do for leisure and still be helping out/doing something. SO I have decided to plan an event where Dayna can come speak to a larger amount of people. First I had to find an auditoriam or just a place, so I went to my old highschool and they agreed to let me use the gym. However, there is a catch I need enough people to fill the gym so now this is the problem. How do you get people to come to listen to someone, I have asked friends and there family members to come and they have agreed so right now I'm at about 50 people. I think I need around 100. The problem is the school wants to know I have enough people before they actually give me a date when I can use the gym. It's like a circle of barriers I can't get people to come without giving them a date for when it well be and the school won't give me a date untill I have enough people to come. AHHHH. All this being said I do see this as a leisure experience. I am having fun, I feel good about myself for trying to help out, and although it is a lot of work it's work in a different sence. Ohh I also need like a reason, so I have to go talk to dayna to find out what would make her life better she told me some shocking things about how she is cared for so I'm sure that something can be done if people try. Even awareness is a good enough reason I think but I'm sure getting a bit of funding from the people that come like charging say five dollars to hear her speak would go a long way. So I hope I can get this off the ground and that whom ever reads this would be open to coming along and listening to Dayna's story. She is also a brilliant public speaker which is good too cus I think that well help the "cause" I'm not sure if that's the right word but meh.

No comments: