Monday, September 29, 2008

Am I happy with my choices? Yes I am. What barriers do I need to overcome? Manny.

I need to figure out how to become more open to new leisure activities. And find some things to do outside of the summer time. During the summer I work at a summer camp for kids with special needs. It is the light of my life and I love it so much. I pretty much get paid to undertake leisure activities all day, asides from dealing with some behavioral problems, but most of it is fun and games. I run Canoeing, which although as stated in earlier blogs I am not at all a woodsman in any means I love to canoe. Well I digress, but I talk about canoeing because it was something that I worked past my barriers and found that I actually loved it. Now I need to learn how to do that with other things, easier said than done. K, well at camp we have basketball courts, boats for waterskiing and wakeboarding, floor hockey, Football pitch, baseball diamond, volleyball net, a lake, kayak's and canoe's, and all this other stuff that makes it so easier to participate in recreation activities. So I guess the reason I don't do these things in the city or in other words my constraints in the city would have to be lack of resources. Although I'm not even sure if thats it cus It's not like it'd take all that much money or time to go get a basketball and play in a park. So maybe it's the fact taht at camp you can match scheduels with other player's alot easier, seeing as everyone's on the same schedge. I don't know I shall ponder and get back to you.

No comments: